Saturday, June 18, 2011

Math Camp (say it with a lateral lisp)



It is a true fact that Mr. Bunndini failed algebra in grade 9. I would like to think that this was due to an extremely poor attendance record and an 18 year old punk boyfriend who would pick me up on his motorcycle on sunny afternoons which always coincided with algebra class but it probably has more to do with my lack of proficiency in the number department of my brain. Of course I blame my mother for this and my weak ankles. Suffice to say that I am very proud of Dr. Mavis Stapler for making it through a gruelling week of math camp at Yale. It's good to know that I have someone on my team in the apocalypse with a deep understanding of differential equations and Wnt signalling pathways (whatever those are). I can only offer up my ability to make quick decisions and endless music play lists. Hopefully we can find someone who can build us a house and slaughter wild animals for lunch.

4 comments:

  1. Dr Stapler can do some math but it is also a true fact that she finds grocery shopping stressful because of the level of decision-making involved. This is why we are on the same team in the apocalypse. And I wouldn't put it past algae to be able to slaughter a wild animal for lunch... she is small but she's wily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do all post apocalyptic shopping. LJ can slaughter goats while speaking french and chinese to them. We should also get Bruce on our team because he could totally build us a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been known to slaughter a goat or two in my time. I am also very good at directing people who are confused and in unfamiliar circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. again, this is why we are friends because I am frequently one or both of those things.

    ReplyDelete