Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ain't No Party Like A Canadian Arctic Taxidermy Party


One day in Whitehorse I went for a walk down by the Yukon River.



I saw this museum disguised as an old cabin.



Inside it was like the taxidermy museum Mavis Stapler and I visited in Paris called Deyrolle.



Only the Canadian version.



The museum was run by young mormons from Utah who did not know the difference between a toonie and a loonie. They told me their 10 month mission would be over in November.



You could buy old Yukon license plates in the gift shop two for a dollar. 



I don't think this snow is real.



Horny.



I can only imagine how many of these little ermine guys it takes to make a coat. 



Squirrelz.



Not that kind of cougar.



Beaver fever.



I can't believe it's not otter.



Foxy brown.



The white wolf abides.



They were all staring at me so I had to go back to my hotel and lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment