Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mr. Bunndini's Brilliant Inventions Part One

Norman Mailer claims he invented thumb wrestling but how will we ever know for sure? Unless you can market your invention it’s just a great idea unrealized or a game kids play on long car rides. Mr. Bunndini’s mind never stops churning. It’s filled to the brim with grocery lists, kittens in wigs, the lyrics to The Littlest Hobo theme song and random thoughts and I need to make some room so here are some of the inventions (both great and small) that have been clogging up my head for years. Think of it as mental garage sale.

SHEET HAPPENS (noun, verb): I don’t particularly like doing the laundry but I do like having clean clothes and linens folded within an inch of their lives and neatly put away. Some call it OCD but I call it common sense. Sharp corners are a beacon in the storm that is the laundry piled high on your bed - they guide you safely to shore. When folding fitted bed sheets there are many methods that can be employed to try to create corners where they do not exist but, as with most things in life, you can’t force something (or someone) to be something (or someone) that it (or he or she) is not. But what you can do is prod and plead and improvise ways so that the unruly item (or person) can fit neatly in your linen closet (or life). Sheet Happens™ are plastic clips that snap into each corner of the fitted sheet thereby stretching the elastic in just such a way as to create a corner. I can’t reveal any more details or I would have to kill you but let me just say that Sheet Happens will complete you. It had me at hello.

2 comments:

  1. boy do I wish I had a system for organizing my closet so that I could put all those perfectly folded sheets away in a tidy and modular manner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Bunndini is going to work on a solution for that problem. Please stay tuned.....

    ReplyDelete