Sunday, January 8, 2012

Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute

Mr. Bunndini is not always a good sleeper. Generally this is not a problem as insomnia frees up time to pursue some very rewarding hobbies between the hours of 4 and 6am like New York Times crossword puzzles and email chatting with friends in other time zones. I have also perfected the art of making and drinking coffee in almost total darkness. Unfortunately the rest of the world around me is not always on board with the early morning hours I like to keep. Most stores are not open and the ones that are offer unrewarding shopping experiences (The 7-11 on the corner does not even have soy milk - schmon people). This morning at 5am I wanted nothing more than to vacuum. I vacuum my hard wood frequently with my Dyson vacuum (which cost more than 5/6th of the cars I've ever owned). We have a special relationship. A love that dare not speak its name if you will.


My downstairs neighbours are nice people. They have a big dog and a little baby, both of which I hear making random noises on occasion but never to the point of being aggressively annoying. I just think of how much more annoying it would be if the aforementioned dog and baby lived in my apartment and belonged to me and it generally makes the noise fade right into the background.


But many sleepless mornings I wonder how early is too early to vacuum? If I can hear their baby crying is it still too early? Does it have to be light out? Can Mr. Dyson invent a completely quiet vacuum for early risers?


Also, if I was marooned on a desert island and could only take three luxury (non-food and shelter related) items I would take chapstick, my iPhone and a Dyson Vacuum.


Thank you for your support.

5 comments:

  1. if I hear signs of life from my neighbours upstairs, I have no qualms about vacuuming and/or running my chronically imbalanced washing machine at any time of day or night. in fact, we have been known to have sunday 7 am vacuuming parties together. which are more fun than 7 am dance parties or 10 pm vibrating cell phone on the wood floor above my couch parties.

    also, nail clippers, iPhone and beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my Dyson would clip my nails for me in a pinch. Can I have one of your beers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure. can the guinea pig come? he looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He can come as long as he does not ask to use my chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he has his own because his lips are just tiny!

    ReplyDelete